QCEA / QPSW Conferences
COVID-19 UPDATE -- NEW DATES
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have made the decision to postpone the Conference until 27-29 August 2021, at the same location. Those who had already registered have been contacted by email. Registrations for the new dates will open in February 2021. We look forward to welcoming you to Brussels next year!
Are you a teacher, youth worker, young adult, volunteer, parent/carer interested in peace education? Would you like to meet Quakers from across Europe, share practice and ways to strengthen the call for peace education?
The Quaker Council for European Affairs (QCEA) and Quaker Peace & Social Witness (QPSW) are organising a conference in Brussels on 27-29 August 2021 with the theme of "The Possibilities of Peace Education: Evidence and opportunities". The gathering will provide a space for Quakers from across Europe to come together, make new connections and reflect in peaceful surroundings over the course of a weekend. Together, we will explore how education can sow the seeds of sustainable peace and heal divisions. We will discuss how peace education can become mainstreamed in EU and national policies at a time of increasing polarisation and conflict.
The conference is open to Friends from across Europe. Area Meetings are invited to appoint, and support, a Friend to attend. Quakers engaged in peace education projects are encouraged to take part.
Want to join us in Brussels in August 2021? More information on how to register your interest can be found below!
The price of taking part in the conference includes two nights' accommodation at the conference venue in Brussels, as well as all catering during the conference.
|GBP £||EUR €|
includes two nights' accommodation and all catering
Some things to keep in mind:
- - Participants' travel to and from Brussels is at own cost, but limited funding to support travel costs is available. More information about this is available from one of the two contact persons listed below.
- - Accommodation and food are basic in order to keep costs down. With limited exceptions, participants will share a room with one other person, and bathroom facilities are shared between several rooms.
- - A reduced price is available for participants who do not require accommodation, although we recommend staying at the venue for your convenience.
- - The conference venue is accessible, but please note that frequent movement around the site is required during the event.
For more information about the conference, including queries about financial assistance, please contact -
- In the UK: Isabel Cartwright at QPSW email@example.com
- Outside the UK: Martin Leng at QCEA firstname.lastname@example.org
Registering to take part
Due to the postponement, we have decided to re-open the application form in February 2021. Please keep an eye on this page, QCEA's social media and Around Europe for updates.