Virtual conference: The possibilities of peace education - Evidence and opportunities
The Quaker Council for European Affairs (QCEA) and Quakers in Britain are organising a virtual conference "The possibilities of peace education: Evidence and opportunities".
The aim of the conference is to explore together how education can sow the seeds of sustainable peace and heal divisions, drawing inspiration from a long Quaker tradition of peace education work.
Session topics will include:
- - Framing peace education
- - Peace education in conflict and post-conflict contexts
- - The policy case for peace education
- - Positive peace in schools
- - Racial (in)justice in education
- - Peace education in the context of growing militarisation
- - Climate justice
For more information, see the DRAFT agenda or contact:
In the UK: Ellis Brooks at QPSW firstname.lastname@example.org
Outside the UK: Pamela Nzabampema at QCEA email@example.com
Registering to take part
To sign up, please click on this button to find the registration form: