QCEA promotes Quaker values at the European level.
We advocate non-violent approaches to conflict resolution, promote policies that respect the intrinsic equality of all people everywhere, and try to ensure that European policy sustains the planet’s resources and the lives of all those who share them.
We have represented European Quakers in Brussels since 1979.
What we do
Our work can be categorised under five main headings:
- Democratic Governance
- Economic Justice
- Human Rights
- Sustainable Energy Security
The topics and subjects that we work on vary from programme to programme, and there tends to be significant overlap between these areas. At present, we are working on:
- Criminal justice policy at the European level
- Decoupling Resource Use from Growth
- Security of Supply and Efficiency Savings
- The EU’s role in the Israel/Palestine conflict
- The EU’s role in peacebuilding and conflict prevention
Quaker House has meeting rooms available for hire. We are situated on the edge of the European quarter, on the Square Ambiorix, not far from the Berlaymont, the head quarters of the European Commission.