QCEA seeks the establishment of a legal right to conscientious objection to the use of our tax money for military purposes. We have drafted a resolution to this effect (pdf – 24kB), based on the text of the resolution which legally affirmed the right to conscientious objection to military service.
QCEA produced a series of briefing papers relating to the recognition of Conscientious Objection to taxation for military purposes and what the Council of Europe could do to further this.
In April 2011, QCEA Council agreed to lay down this piece of work for the time being because we recognized that at this point, there was no possibility of making significant progress. The work will be taken up again when the opportunity arises.
- What is the Council of Europe? (pdf – approx 100kb) in English, Français, Deutsch
- Freedom of thought, conscience, and religion and Conscientious Objection in the Council of Europe (pdf – approx 60kb) in English, Français, Deutsch
- The Logic of Extending the Right to Conscientious Objection to Taxation (pdf – approx 45kb) in English, Français, Deutsch
- The Peace Tax – Frequently Asked Questions (pdf – approx 110kb) in English, Français, Deutsch
- The Peace Tax – Hypothecation (pdf – approx 60kb) in English, Français, Deutsch