Why did QCEA work on this issue?
This work linked directly to our work on the Constitutional Treaty and the increasing militarisation of the European Union that it foresaw. QCEA produced a set of Briefing Papers to explain what it is concerned about and suggested actions that could be taken at the time.
One of the issues that greatly concerns QCEA in the draft of the Constitutional Treaty is the increasing militarisation of the European Union that it foresees. QCEA has written these Briefing Papers to explain what it is concerned about and has suggested actions that can be taken. Below the briefing papers you can find the submission made on this issue.
The six Briefing Papers deal with:
- The Context of the Convention on the Future of Europe (PDF – 44 KB)
- Previous Treaties and Agreements: What they say about military issues (PDF – 58 KB)
- The Role of and Connection between the EU, the WEU and NATO (PDF – 46 KB)
- What is in the Draft Constitutional Treaty and what are the implications (PDF – 70 KB)
- Future Action: European Civilian Capabilities (PDF – 72 KB)
- Finding Further Information – Keeping (us) Informed (PDF – 38 KB)