It’s our pleasure to be able to share with you the latest edition of Around Europe, the newsletter of the Quaker Council for European Affairs. We’ve devoted this issue to the theme of “Sanctuary Everywhere,” which is also the theme of our upcoming joint conference with Quaker Peace and Social Witness (QPSW).
From 1-3 December, we’ll be gathering in Brussels to discuss what steps can be taken to creating an environment where everyone feels free and safe – be it in their communities, or in Europe as a whole. If you’d like to know more about the conference, click here. From conflict reconciliation in the Balkans to the struggle for academic liberty in Hungary, the EU plays a vital role in this common effort. So how exactly does European politics contribute? And what can Friends do to help?
Also in this issue
– Quakers and “humanitarian corridors” for refugees
– Macron – a mixed blessing for France and Europe?
– The EU’s role in solving Europe’s “frozen conflicts”
– Updates on the latest EU political developments
– All the latest news from Quaker House in Brussels